41 25 6 9
Most of us are guilty of not giving much thought to our livers, except maybe when contemplating that third shot of tequila, but its health is essential to your general health and weight. The liver is the second largest organ in your body and it is also the most overworked. Every toxin that you come into contact with must be filtered through the liver. Below are fatty liver tips to help you fight this disease.
When it gets overworked, toxic compounds start building up and they begin to find their way into the organs, skin, fatty tissues and blood – this is what triggers inflammation.
As a result, we begin to see and feel the development of some common ailments such as:
- Bad breath
- Difficulty concentrating
- Weight gain and difficulty losing weight
- Fluid retention/bloating
- Food cravings
- Joint and muscle pain
- Sleep problems
- Skin problems
- Anger, irritability, anxiety and other emotional issues
How to Fight Liver Ailments?
Even if you follow a healthy diet most of the time, it may not be enough to rid your liver of toxin buildup.
A liver cleansing diet takes it a step further by helping eliminate the stored toxins therefore allowing your liver to reboot and rejuvenate. For a set period of time, 10-14 days is optimal, you will commit to eating foods and drinking beverages that are healing to the liver. If you commit to a program you can expect to see some amazing results. Some of which may include:
- Weight loss
- More energy
- Better digestion and elimination
- Improved concentration and mental clarity
- Less joint and muscle pain
- Less fluid retention
- Increased sense of peace and relaxation
- Improved sleep
- Glowing skin
- Brighter eyes
Cleansing your liver doesn’t have to be difficult or grueling – using a whole foods approach, some common sense and a commitment to good health will do the trick.
10 Tips for healthy liver
Your liver plays a vital role in maintaining your health. In simple terms, it is like the equivalent of an oil filter in your car – it’s your body’s natural filtration process. Everything put inside your body gets filtered through your liver and it uses the nutrients (good stuff) to optimize your health and gets rid of the toxins (bad stuff that causes a lot of different ailments).
This process runs very smoothly when your liver is healthy and isn’t being overburdened with bad things. By bad things, I mean alcohol, fatty/processed foods, additives/preservatives, poor sleep, lack of exercise and chronic stress. All of these will impact your liver and unfortunately we are all guilty of not living a perfect lifestyle.
When you live a not so healthy lifestyle it will eventually catch up to you and your liver can become tired. It can even get sick. Consequently, it will make you sick.
The good news is, you can turn things around rather quickly by cleansing your liver through a process called detoxification.
Here are 10 simple liver detox tips you can start implementing today:
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning. It flushes your system and alkalizes your body.
- Take vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to heal the liver also neutralize the toxins released by the liver.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day.
- Get more sleep. Lack of sleep increases stress both emotionally and physically and this will have a negative impact on your liver. Sleep relaxes the body, helps to reduce stress and is the time of day when your liver really works its magic.
- Avoid eating fatty meat. A poor diet can cause an accumulation of fat in the liver – It can only take so much of this. When the liver is fat, it won’t be able to function well. Worse—it gets one step closer to being damaged.
- Say “no” to hot-dogs. Processed food like hot-dogs and canned meat can exhaust the liver because of the processing that has to take place. They are more dangerous than plain meat because they are full of additives and artificial preservatives.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are liver-friendly and will not only help in the cleansing process but your other organs will reap the benefits as well.
- Try milk thistle capsules. They contain silymarin and studies show that it can repair liver damage.
- Let go of your anger. Anger is an emotion that is harmful to your liver. Managing your emotions in a healthy way is vital to the health of your liver.
- Exercise restraint when in the presence of alcohol – it is a liver-damaging beverage. If this is your way of de-stressing do your research and find something else that works better and won’t negatively affect your health—think in the lines of exercise.
These tips are simple to implement and very effective. Make a commitment to start incorporating them into your daily routine. You will be pleasantly surprised to see the changes in your body and emotions in just a short time.
41 25 6 9