12 19 8 7
There are numerous benefits of liver detox. We live in a world that is chock full of toxins be it in the air we breathe, our food, our water… so much so that their entrance into our bodies has become unavoidable. Exposure to these toxins requires that all of the organs in your body work in synergy to maintain homeostasis – meaning everything needs to be in a certain balance in order to function optimally. If the function of one organ or system goes awry, the others will also be affected.
Your liver and kidneys play a vital role of filtering toxins out of your body, but your liver has an additional function of breaking down the present toxins in order to expel them from your body.
This enzymatic process occurs in two phases – breaking down the toxins and bonding these broken parts to other molecules that destroy the toxic substances and expel them from your body through sweat, urine and fecal matter.
When the liver becomes overburdened or overworked due to chronic exposure to toxins via the environment, diet, smoking, alcohol use, lack of sleep and poor stress management, it can slow down and cause a back-up of toxins in your system. This can impact many other systems and organs in your body resulting in various symptoms.
The following are just a few common symptoms of an improperly functioning liver:
- Weight gain/difficulty losing weight
- Fluid buildup in the belly or abdomen
- You bruise easily
- Painful gallstones
- Chronic itching
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Kidney failure
- Muscle loss
- Loss of appetite
- Unsightly skin conditions and liver spots
- Spider-like veins in the skin
- Low energy and frequent weakness (fatigue)
- Mental confusion as toxins build up in the blood
- A weakened immune system, leaving you unguarded against sickness, disease and infection
After reading the many potential consequences of a toxic liver, you may be wondering how you can support your liver to make sure it is functioning at its optimal level.
Many people think that by just making a few tweaks to their diet they can counteract the effects of toxic buildup. It is true that following a nutrient dense diet will support your liver and can help however it doesn’t have the same impact as cleansing/detoxing.
A cleansing program takes it a step further by helping eliminate the stored toxins therefore allowing your liver to reboot and rejuvenate.
True Benefits of Liver Detox
If you experience any of the problems mentioned earlier, then you should suspect that your liver may need some special attention. Ignoring these signs will only make things worse and could put you at risk for developing a host of other minor and major health problems.
Rather than ignore your symptoms, be proactive and take control of your health by committing to a program that can help to restore and rejuvenate your body. One of the simplest and most effective ways to reboot and rejuvenate your liver is to do a natural liver detox or cleansing.
Liver detoxification is basically a program that is designed to purge your liver of the toxins and other harmful particles that impede it from functioning properly. This is best done naturally through the use of various super foods and supplements that have a direct, positive impact on the liver.
Be aware of any detox program that advises you to consume only liquids and/or severely restrict calories. Liquid fasts can be dangerous and should only be done under the care of a medical professional.
The liver needs much more than liquids to heal – adequate amounts of lean protein, fiber and other nutrients are necessary in order to for it to thrive so it is essential that these are present in any liver detox meal plan.
It is not necessary to go to extremes to cleanse your liver – a healthy, well planned diet and some positive lifestyle tweaks are enough to see amazing results.
There are many incredible benefits of a liver detox. Below are just a few of the health advantages you get when you follow a proven liver detox program.
- Weight loss: A liver detox improves your body’s ability to produce bile so that it can effectively burn out fats from within the body. This results in weight loss by improving the metabolism of fats. (Many who undergo a liver detox mention achieving weight loss that had eluded them for years, even though they tried every diet program under the sun.)
- A strong, healthy immune system: A liver detox improves the liver’s capacity to remove toxins and other poisons from your body. This means restoring your body’s natural defense system, so you fight infection, disease, inflammation and sickness effortlessly.
- Prevents formation of painful liver stones: Liver stones are caused by the hardening of bile into small stones. This condition arises from having too much cholesterol in the body. The liver stones can block the gallbladder and liver. This prevents both organs from functioning properly. Doing a liver detox helps purge the liver of these tiny and painful stones.
- Supports natural, holistic detox: The liver detox does not only cleanse the liver from harmful substances. It also supports holistic body detoxification. A holistic approach means understanding that your physical and mental health are connected, as are all physical body parts and body processes. This means once you start doing a liver detox you also help the other organs of your body, positively affecting and improving health inside and out from head to toe, both mentally and physically.
- Improves energy: Toxic buildup in the bloodstream can result in a constant lack of energy, and feeling of weakness. A natural liver detox returns your vigor and vitality, rewarding you with naturally high energy levels.
These are not the energetic spikes and crashes provided by sugar and unhealthy food. Instead, you can count on healthy, natural energy to easily get through your daily routine, without resorting to sugar, caffeine and other less than healthy energy boosters.
- Improves your “glow”: Undergoing a liver detox restores the glow and vitality of your body. Have you ever heard someone refer to another person as “glowing”? Others will be saying this about you, and you will notice it yourself. Your improved level of health and vitality is manifested in the quality and appearance of your skin and hair. You can take off years off your physical appearance with a simple liver detox.
- Incredible anti-aging properties: You can look and feel 5 to 20 years younger simply by undergoing a natural liver detox. This is because all of your bodily processes depend on a healthy functioning liver to rid your body of poison toxins and waste. You will literally look and feel younger, healthier and stronger, improve your brain function and energy levels, all from a simple and natural liver detox.
If you think that your body deserves a liver cleanse visit Weekend Liver Detox.
12 19 8 7